Friday, September 2, 2011

Animate Yourself

The question of life, what the meaning of life is, or what living exactly is, begins with knowing where we came from.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness..."  Genesis 1:26

the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.   Genesis 2:7

We all came from one man, Adam, and that one man was made by God in the image of God.  We are all made by God in the image of God.  Knowing the meaning of life begins with knowing that there is more than just what we see.  It begins with knowing that God is real, and God made everything in existence, including ourselves.  When we know that, we know there is a purpose for our existence.

Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth - everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.  Isaiah 43:6-7

We were created by God to bring glory to God.  We were made to worship Him, but to worship Him we must know who He is.

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome  Deuteronomy 10:17

This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool..."  Isaiah 66:1

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere  Psalm 84:10

On life's journey of discovery one inescapable fact waits at every turn: The One who created all that we see is incomprehensibly powerful and great.  This is God, who created us for a purpose, and made us in His image, to be sons and daughters of Him.  But that's not all.  God desires to redeem us to Himself, to be united with Him.  Through His only begotten Son, who purchased us with His blood, God set forth a plan to be united with us.

My prayer is not for them alone.  I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.  May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.....  I in them and you in me.  Jesus in John 17:20-23

By putting our faith in Jesus we can be one with God, we in God and God in us.  God gives us the Holy Spirit, we are born again, and the Spirit makes us one with God. 

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit..."  John 3:5

The Holy Spirit gives life.  This is what it means to be living: To have God living in you.  To be one with God, with the Holy Spirit in you, is the only way to have the breath of life.  The breath of life comes directly from God.

and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life  Genesis 2:7

The breath of life is God's breath.  The breath of life is the Holy Spirit, and a person can have this life by coming to Christ, God's Son, with all their soul, mind and heart.  And that person is born again, becoming a son or daughter of God Himself, as well as being one with God. 

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.  -Jesus in John 14:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Unimpressive in person. But always praying that these letters I write will be weighty and forceful. I serve the Almighty as a servant of Christ. I strive to conquer hearts and minds with the word of God. I am nothing, but the Holy Spirit living inside me is omnipotent. By Him I can run and not grow weary, or walk and not be faint. All glory and honor be to God and to Jesus the Christ.