Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do Not Keep it Secret

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want Jesus to be ashamed of me when he returns. When someone keeps their faith in Jesus a secret it is the most pitiful thing, the greatest sign of cowardice and that their faith is dead. Why would any Christian do that? If you have faith in Jesus, then you are saved from eternal damnation, and are gravitating towards heaven. That's something to be proud of! Just as Paul mentions in 1 Corinthians, and as it is written "but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight" (Jrh 9:24). There is nothing worthy of boasting except our boast in the Lord. So tell your neighbor! Scream it from the rooftops! Take every opportunity to let people know of the life in you. By gawly, do not keep it a secret! It is the power of the one true God, the creator of every supernova, pulsar, and black hole. It is the salvation of the born and unborn. It is the overwhelming joy of untold millions of people. If anything should not be kept secret, certainly this is it.

Maybe a certain person just isn't sure enough about their faith to tell others. I mean why lead others to believe something about you that you aren't even sure you believe? That person should do the necessary research in order to be sure. It's a front burner issue, or atleast should be. It's life and death we're talking about, the eternal resting place of your soul. Be absolutely 100% positive you know! For that unsure person I would recommend reading some books. Books by atheists like Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, and Christopher Hitchens. And books by apologists like Lee Strobel, Josh McDowell, and Norman Geisler. Study other religions as well, but whatever you do, do not fall for the lie that you can never be sure if God exists, or you can't prove God you just have to believe. That's a load of hogwash. I've seen the proof, I can show the proof if given enough time (it's alot of evidence), and you can too. So make it the number one priority in your life to find the truth, and once you have, be proud of the fact that you know God. Tell others about it every chance you get, especially those chances that Facebook gives you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Unimpressive in person. But always praying that these letters I write will be weighty and forceful. I serve the Almighty as a servant of Christ. I strive to conquer hearts and minds with the word of God. I am nothing, but the Holy Spirit living inside me is omnipotent. By Him I can run and not grow weary, or walk and not be faint. All glory and honor be to God and to Jesus the Christ.