Monday, July 25, 2011

Death Is Not The End

The one single fact that we all know, and only the most foolish men ignore, is that everyone will die.  Accept it now and do not assume that you have one more day to live.  God said to the rich fool, "You fool!  This very night your life will be demanded from you.  Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?"  Those who foolishly store up wealth for themselves, focusing on earthly things, will be told like the rich man in Luke 16: "you are in agony".  This is what no man, no matter how rich or powerful he is, can escape.  God will have your soul.

What good is it to live a "full life"?  So what if you have fun, have lots of friends and make lots of money.  What good is it if your soul will burn in agony for eternity?

But don't despair!  Everyone is given the chance to know God, the Creator of the universe, by knowing His Son, Christ Jesus.  And heaven starts now for those who accept Jesus!  "I am the bread of life," said Jesus.  "He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."  Life starts when you accept Christ Jesus.  Life can only be had by the Son of God.  Life is something that all who experience it will tell you is beyond earthly description.  Jesus said: "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me;  anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me."  It might seem harsh, but the reason He says this is because He gives life.  Those who are not willing to plunge head first into Christ are not worthy of the reward He gives.  That reward is beyond anything imaginable, thus it cannot be given to just anyone.  It is only given to those who give themselves - heart, mind, soul and body - to the Lord.  "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Become a loser so that you can be of the few that enter the narrow gate.  "Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Anyone that wonders exactly what he/she should do to know Jesus and live because of Jesus, I say read your Bible.  The truth is in the Bible, and only by reading the word of God can anyone know God.  Also, get on your knees with your face to the ground and pray.  Ask the Lord for wisdom and guidance.  And ask that the Lord take you and make you His own.  Through prayer and knowing God's word you can live, because the Holy Spirit lives in you.  Death is not the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Unimpressive in person. But always praying that these letters I write will be weighty and forceful. I serve the Almighty as a servant of Christ. I strive to conquer hearts and minds with the word of God. I am nothing, but the Holy Spirit living inside me is omnipotent. By Him I can run and not grow weary, or walk and not be faint. All glory and honor be to God and to Jesus the Christ.